The Vancouver Romanian Association was incorporated as a non-profit organization in June 2012. The idea to create the VRA in order to promote Romanian culture on the west coast of Canada sprung from the ambition of six friends. Their experience on the west coast ranged from two to fifteen years. Thus, after numerous discussions and organizing a few community events, the group took the next step, and the Vancouver Romanian Association (VRA) was born.
The main objectives of the VRA are:
- Promote Romanian culture, traditions and values on the Canadian west coast
- Involvement in the development of artists, athletes and students
- Support the integration of new residents to Canada through resources and information
- Facilitate an open communication and interaction for the community
- Promote Romanian businesses on the Canadian market
On behalf of our directors, we hope you become involved with the VRA and hope to see you at our future events